If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is.
- John Louis von Neumann -
MATH DEPARTMENT RESOURCES AVAILABLE ON SCHOOLOGY
Math Supplies, click here.
Mathematics Department Goals
1. Students will practice and apply CRITICAL THINKING skills and CORE
LEARNING to solve mathematical problems and appreciate the applications of
2. Students will demonstrate proficiency on CORE LEARNING as stated in
department essential standards for each course.
3. When appropriate, students will use calculators and/or computers to
integrate and enhance their knowledge of mathematics.
4. Students will work in a learning COMMUNITY in a variety of instructional
settings – whole class, small groups, and individual.
5. Students will learn to COMMUNICATE mathematics using numeric, graphical,
symbolic, and written means.
6. The department will offer tutoring to help students succeed.
7. The department will meet as a professional learning community in course-
alike groups to develop and use common assessments to analyze student
learning and inform future instruction.
Palisades Charter High School 15777 Bowdoin Street, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272 Tel: (310) 230-6623 Fax: (310) 454-6076 firstname.lastname@example.org